AVI Career Training is committed to providing innovative esthetics education that prepares students for the evolving beauty field. Our esthetics school in Dunn Loring, VA, fosters a dynamic learning environment where students can develop themselves to the fullest degree. We pride ourselves on offering comprehensive licensed esthetician training. AVI Career Training delivers quality esthetics programs.
Ready to get started?
Eager to dive into the world of esthetics? At AVI Career Training’s 30+ year esthetician school, we offer an engaging education designed to properly instruct you for a career in beauty through our skincare and makeup course. Gain the skills, confidence, and expertise for a basic esthetician license. Contact us today to navigate towards a rewarding future in esthetics training.
Dunn Loring (archaic “Dunn-Loring”), the earliest platted in Fairfax County and possibly the Commonwealth of Virginia, was founded in 1886. General William McKee Dunn and his wife Elizabeth Lanier Dunn purchased about 600 acres (2.4 km2) located on the Washington, Ohio and Western Railroad, now the Washington and Old Dominion Regional Trail, from L. B. Clarke and his wife on June 8, 1886. On September 22, 1886, the land was transferred to the Loring Land and Improvement Company, composed of General Dunn, then a retired Army brigadier general and former Judge Advocate General; George B. Loring, a former congressman and Commissioner of Agriculture; and George H. LeFetra, a Washington temperance hotel proprietor. The Town of Dunn Loring was advertised for residential sales in 1887. The Loring Land and Improvement Company built a railroad station and a post office, but shortly thereafter General Dunn died, and the development stagnated. During the Spanish-American War, the founding of Camp Russell A. Alger brought growth and prosperity to Dunn Loring, and among the troops trained at Camp Alger was the celebrated author-poet Carl Sandburg, after whom the present Sandburg Street was named. In 1912, Fairfax Shield McCandlish bought out the interests of the developers, consolidated parcels, and subdivided the land into its current platting. Following World War II, the area began to develop as part of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
Up until the mid-1990s, large portions of the land (mainly between Lee Hwy and Gallows Rd.) had been horse farms and plantations before becoming gentrified.
Learn more about Dunn Loring.Local Resources
Useful Links
Here are some beauty-related links: